Services - Landscape Design/Construction
What we can do for you
- Design - Click here for a sample design
- Hardscapes (Walls, Decks, Walkways, Patios, Arbors)
- Water Features (Ponds, Fountains, Waterfalls, Rivers)
- Lighting (Security, Ambiance, Accent, Walkways)
- Entertainment (Outdoor Music, Cooking Centers, Playgrounds)
How we do it
Our process takes you from initial concept through construction and we follow up with any services you desire to maintain your property.
We begin with a consultation to explore your ideas, how you want to spend your time outdoors, who you want to entertain, and what vision you have for the landscape and hardscapes materials to be included. Our landscape architect will design your "Outdoor Living Room" and after final approval by you, our skilled construction crews will build it. We will keep you informed every step of the way and we will stay in touch periodically after the construction is completed to answer any questions you may have.
What we need from you
You will need to establish a budget for the entire project or each phase of the project. Your landscape designer will help you understand if your budget is realistic for your design. Without a budget, the design will not fit your needs. Just as when you go to buy a home, remodel a kitchen, or purchase a car, you need to know a rough budget within which you are willing to work.
Get the Facts: Why are plants so important?
Plants are an indispensable resource and an essential part of our environment. Here's why:
- Landscaping can add up to 20% to a home's value, increasing property values.
- Landscaping can have a recovery value of 100 to 200 percent when you sell your home.
- Landscaping can reduce air conditioning costs by up to 50%.
- Plants control runoff, slowing erosion and allowing water to be absorbed by the soil and the aquifers.
- Lanscaping can reduce noise by up to 50%.
- A tree removes carbon dioxide from the air and releases enough oxygen for a family of 4 to breathe for a day.
- An acre of trees can remove 13 tons of dust and potentially harmful gases from the environment each year.
- Plants save water by providing energy efficiency that cuts back on electricity needs and allows electric power plants to use less water.
- A single tree can provide up to $300 per year in air conditioning, pollution reduction, erosion and storm-waste control, and wildlife shelter benefits.
- Plants provide essential habitat for wildlife.
What's Been Done
- Your bed soil has been replaced with 6" of Specialty Mix. This is to insure optimum growth and health for your plantings. Correct soil amendments and preparation allow for proper drainage.
- Your irrigation system has been updated. The upgrade will provide the best coverage at the root base of the plants. In most cases you will see the absence of "risers" in the beds. The use of "pop-ups" in place of "risers" has been found to be more effective. In addition, the lawn areas have been placed on different irrigation zones than the shrub beds. This allows better control of watering your landscape and addresses the different needs of different plant materials.
- The plants that have been installed are of the highest quality available on the market. Occasionally a plant may suffer from transplanting shock. Please call the office as soon as signs of stress show up. Typical signs of stress are leaves dropping off, leaves turning yellow or brown, or leaves curling up. Most plant stress or loss is due to improper watering practices. The number one problem we see is over watering.
- You new landscaping has been covered in 2" of mulch. Typically we use a fine shredded hardwood mulch. This serves many purposes: to keep moisture in the bed for the plant, protect the roots from extreme heat/cold and help prevent weeds. Too much mulch can suffocate the feeder roots of plants or trees so please be aware of over mulching.
- Lighting, if applicable. We use only commercial grade quality landscape lighting fixtures. The low-voltage system is equipped with a stainless steel transformer that houses the timer and photocell. Adjustments can be made to your lighting to allow for growth of your plant materials or additions to your landscaping. Simply call our office for bulb replacement and schedule a service call.